South India Holiday Tours PONDICHERRY TOURS PONDICHERRY MUSEUMS Kamaraj Memorial House - Kamaraj Memorial House Chennai
Kamaraj Memorial House | Kamaraj Memorial House Chennai
Welcome and thank you for taking the time to visit our website. Based in Pondicherrry in India, we were providing services in, hospitality industry. Kamaraj Memorial House - Kamaraj Memorial House Chennai, Kamaraj
The Kamraj Memorial House was inaugurated by the famous Chief Minister of Tamilnadu – MG Ramachandran in the year 1978. Kamraj proved to be an idol for millions as a poor man going ahead and becoming the Chief Minister thrice. Kamraj in his early days was so poverty stricken that the had to discontinue his education, However his passion for books continued and one could see the well stocked library with a collection of some of the most interesting books.
Kamaraj Memorial House is built in the memory of the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Shri Kamaraj. He was an ideal for all the Indians, as he rose out of poverty and became the Chief Minster thrice. Kamaraj Memorial House - Kamaraj Memorial House Chennai, Kamaraj
The ground floor has a bedroom which was once the personal den of this venerated bachelor. The room is adorned with plain furniture that symbolizes the plain and simple life Shri Kamaraj led. There is also a well stocked library in the house, occupied by the books like volumes of 'Lok Sabha Debates', '100 Modern Lives', 'Churchill' and 'Doctor Zhivago'. Shri Kamaraj had to discontinue his schooling, but it did not stop him from becoming a well read man. The Memorial House also exhibits a rare collection of his photographs.
The walls of the dinning hall are covered with black and white photographs of Kamaraj's life. The photographs provide a quick look at his childhood, youth upto his late life years. Some of the most intriguing pictures are thaose of his 1954 swearing-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, the first Kamaraj Ministry of 1954, the second of 1957 and the third of 1962. There are even pictures of him with eminent personalities, like Pt. Nehru, Sarojini Naidu, Rajendra Prasad, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Indira Gandhi, M.G Ramachandran, Martin Luther King, Queen Elizabeth, etc.
The second floor of the House also displays a number of his belongings, like luxuriant Felicitation Shawls, his simple attire, his suitcases, timepiece, pens and utensils. One of the prized possessions of this exhibition is the prison coat, worn by him while serving term in prison in the year 1942. Kamaraj Memorial House - Kamaraj Memorial House Chennai, Kamaraj
SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS :
* The walls of the dining hall of the Kamaraj Memorial House in Chennai is decorated by snaps of Shri Kamaraj.
* Other photos include Shri Kamaraj sharing the screen with great leaders like Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Dr. S Radhakrishnan, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Martin King Luther, Queen Elizabeth and others.
* Amongst his personal antiques are pens, a spool tape recorder, spectacles, the coat worn by him while serving his term in prison in 1942 and others.
* Other photos include snaps with Late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and actor Shivaji Ganeshan.
* The Kamaraj Memorial House at Chennai is open to visitors from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm