Yelagiri,Tours to Yelagiri|Yelagiri Hills
If you are searching for a place engulfed in silence and peace then Yelagiri in Tamil Nadu perfectly suits your choice, providing you cool and calm atmosphere all year roundTours to Yelagiri,Yelagiri Hill Station,Yelagiri Hills Tamil Nadu India, Hill Stations in South India.
Yelagiri is actually a cluster of small villages, spread around hills. Tours to Yelagiri,Yelagiri Hill Station,Yelagiri Hills Tamil Nadu India, Hill Stations in South India There are many tourist attractions here like a beautiful and charming lake, Mughal Garden around the lake, Velavan Temple and a children's park. But the real charm of Yelagiri lies in its calmness and uniformly pleasant weather.
Tourist activities and destinations
Velvan Temple is other prime attraction for tourists. This is a temple dedicated to Lord Murugan situated atop a hillock, with a giant statue of Gadothgajan in front. During the months July-August local festivals are organized here that provides a colorful glimpse of the rich culture of the region. Cultural events, adventure sports, boat races, flower shows and fruit shows add to the splendor of the festivals.
Yet another lustrous tourist spot in Yelagiri is Swamimalai Hill at 4,338 ft. It would be a great fun to climb on hilltop as it provides you a breathtaking view of the valley from the top. This hill has some of the beautiful trekking routes through dense forests. The best time to enjoy trekking here is in the cool months of November- January.
Yelagiri hill station is one of the best tourist attractions in Tamil Nadu. Yelagiri, perched at an altitude of 1510m above sea level, is actually a cluster of 14 small villages sprawled around the Yelagiri Hills. Enjoy an unforgettable tour to Tamil Nadu at this scenic place where the hills are beautified with lush green valleys, dense forests, and a tranquil lake.
A well-known hill station of Tamil Nadu, Yelagiri is set amidst four mountains. The climate in Yelagiri hill station in Tamil Nadu remains salubrious and pleasant round the year. The best time to visit Yelagiri is between the months of November and February.
Yelagiri is the valley of Swamimalai, a magnificent hill nearby. The local tribal people remain engaged in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, etc. Their unique customs, habits, and structure of houses are a special attraction for the tourists.
Following are some places of interest in and around Yelagiri –
* Punganoor Lake: The prime attraction for the tourists in Yelagiri is boating in this beautiful artificial lake on a rowboat or a pedal boat.
* Mughal Garden: Positioned around the Punganoor Lake, there are several interesting games like sliding for the smaller kids in this garden.
* Velvan Temple: Perched atop a hillock, this temple is dedicated to Lord Murugan. A huge statue of Gadothgajan lies in front of the temple. Vibrant local festivals are celebrated here in the months of July-August that comprise of cultural events, adventure sports, boat races, flower shows and fruit shows.
* Swamimalai Hill: This 4,338 ft hill has some quaint trekking routes through dense forests. You will get an amazing view of the valley climbing up the hilltop.
* Jalagamparai Waterfalls: Nearly an hour's trek from Yelagiri, this fascinating waterfall is an attractive spot for couples. This waterfall was formed by the Attaru River, which flows through the Yelagiri hills.
If you are planning to explore the beautiful Yelagiri hill station of Tamil Nadu in the near future, Tour to India can help you plan your trip.